John 10:16 “And I have other sheep that I will gather which are not of this Jewish flock. And I, their shepherd, must lead them too, and they will follow me and listen to my voice. And, I will join them all into one flock with one shepherd.
There are several different ways God can speak to you, which I’m going to go over. What you need to know that you are not to seek after God’s voice. Otherwise you might hear a voice that isn’t from God. Satan can also speak to you and disguise himself as an angel of light. II Corinthians 11:14,15 That doesn’t surprise us, for even Satan transforms himself to appear as an angel of light! So it’s no wonder his servants also go about pretending to be ministers of righteousness. But in the end they will be exposed and get exactly what they deserve. Revelations 2:2 I know what you have done; I know how hard you have worked and how patient you have been. I know that you cannot tolerate evil people and that you have tested those who say they are apostles but are not, and have found out that they are liars. Galatians 1:7,8 Actually, there is no “other gospel,” but I say this because there are some people who are upsetting you trying to change the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from Heaven should preach to you a gospel that is different from the one we preached to you, may he be condemned to hell! The Bible tells us to seek after God, it doesn’t say seek after his voice. Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me, and you will find me because you will seek me with all your heart.
1) The Lord can speak to you face to face, Exodus 33:11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as someone speaks with a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp. But the young man who was his helper, Joshua son of Nun, stayed in the Tent.
2) Personal appearance and audible voice, Acts 9:3-7 As Saul was coming near the city of Damascus, suddenly a light from the sky flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul! Why do you persecute me?” ” Who are you Lord?” he asked. “I am Jesus, whom you persecute,” the voice said. “But get up and go into the city, where you will be told what you must do.” The men who were traveling with Saul had stopped, not saying a word; they heard the voice but could not see a thing.
3) In visions and personal appearance, Daniel 10:5-7 I looked up and saw someone who was wearing linen clothes and a belt of fine gold. His body shone like a jewel. His face was as bright as a flash of lightning, and his eyes blazed like fire. His arms and legs shone like polished bronze, and his voice sounded like the roar of a great crowd. I was the only one who saw the vision. Those who were with me did not see anything, but they were terrified and ran and hid.
4) A voice spoke out of Heaven, Matthew 3:17 Then a voice said from heaven, “This is my own dear Son, with whom I am pleased.” Luke 9:35 A voice said from the cloud, “This is my Son, whom I have chosen-listen to him!”
5) Through His Spirit, Some may call it “God’s whispers,” while others say, “God’s still, small voice” We are made in the image of God, and when we confess Jesus and follow Him as our Lord and Savior, His Spirit comes to live in us. John 14:17 & I Cor. 3:16, Tells us God’s Spirit speaks to us through our conscience, helping to make the right decision, When we’re tempted, that Spirit warns and nudges us to do the right thing. John 16:13 When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God, he will lead you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own authority, but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you things to come. John 14:26 The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you.
6) Through His Word, 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching the truth, rebuking error, correcting faults, and giving instruction for right living,
Through Prophets at many times and in various ways Through other Believers, God may use a friend, a teacher, a parent or a preacher to convey His message of truth to us. Through Prayer, We may not know how to pray, but God’s Word tells us His Spirit makes intercessions for us. Romans 8:26,2 Often through a combination of fasting and prayer, our minds become clearer and our hearts are more sensitive to God. Again, we may not hear God’s literal voice, but His Spirit confirms a certain direction or answer for us.
Remember no matter how God chooses to speak to us, He will NEVER contradict His Word, and the message he gives will always bring glory to God.